Here is my questionnaire for the Hurricane Sock Party 2007
1. Repeat after me "no hurricanes, no hurricanes, no hurricanes" . Okay we just had to get that one out of the way first. We needed to created a bit of "good weather karma"! GRIN
2. If your pet(s) wrote a paragraph about you to describe you to us what would they say? (If you have no pets then just pretend you husband or best friend wrote it! This is a 3rd person writing exercise that is always fun.) My mommy takes very good care of me. She gives me lot’s of toilet paper rolls to chew up and yummy sticks to chew on.
3. What is your favorite hurricane supplies snack? Crackers, especially Cheeze-its.
4. Do sock patterns normally fit you "as written" or do you usually modify them for size in any way? (other than foot length) Normally don’t have to modify them. I wear a women’s size 9M.
4a. What are your foot measurements, not just shoe size? (Measure the length of your foot from heel to toe, then the ball of your foot. ) Length is 10 inches, ball of foot 8 ½ inches.
5. What one city abroad would you visit and why if money was no object? (and terrorism was non-existent) London. I love everything British and their history fascinates me.
6. Do you wear socks all year round or just during the winter? Do you prefer them tall or short or regular height? I wear sock all year round because my feet are always cold. I prefer short, because I have problems with my feet swelling if the socks run too high.
7. The last time the power was out during hurricane season (or bad weather of any kind) did you knit by lantern or were you lucky enough to knit to the humm of a generator? Or did you knit at all? Last hurricanes here were in 2004 and I wasn’t knitting at that time. However, I was reading and cross stitching by candlelight.
8. Make a wish for your favorite sock yarn that you've already used once. What would it be? ? Don’t be shy about listing an exact colorway or two if you'd like. Favorite sock yarns are Artyarns and Seacoast. I’ve been buying a lot of Seacoast Royalty to knit socks for my wrestlers, so probably don’t want anymore of that. I love bright color ways, but not a lot of yellow or orange.
9. What is it about sock knitting that keeps you wanting to knit more and more socks? Instant gratification and the ability to try new stitches without making huge projects. I tend to lose interest in big projects, which is probably why I haven’t finished my Boobalicious yet.
10. Make a wish for a sock yarn that you are dying to try but haven't bought for yourself yet. (be specific, even colorway if you'd like). Bamboo!!!!!
11. What size needles do you knit socks for YOURSELF with the most? Are they circular or bamboo needles? What brand? Size two circulars - I love Addi Natura bamboo and Crystal Palace bamboo and Knitpicks classic circulars. In DPN's I refer bamboo, I usually use 2 for regular sock and 0 for minis.
12. If you could only take 3 yarn related books and one previously knitted project that you love with you when you evacuated what would they be? Yarn Harlot books, Victorian Lace (love that book and have spent much time drooling over it since I bought it) and also Lucy Neatby patterns. I only have the one Cool Socks, Warm Feet book by her. I would have to take my first knit socks with me, they are so warm and fuzzy now.
13. What knitting notion do you wish you had that you just keep putting off getting for yourself? Something to hold the tips of my dpn’s, or something to store my circulars in.
14. What is your favorite tv show? Grey’s Anatomy and Ugly Betty.
15. Do you want a lacey sock or a "solid fabric" sock from your hurricane partner? Either is fine.
16. It's midnight and the power has been off for two days, its hot, and you have a craving for something sweet! What would it be? (This is a FOOD related question ladies! LOL) Cheesecake, tiramisu or Dove candies.
17. Tell us a story about any of your hurricane weather related experiences. 2004 I made it through Charlie okay, then Frances came along. We lost our power for several days. The power company came to get it fixed and their truck punched a hole in our water line, so we lost water too. We ended up moving in with my in-laws for a couple of weeks. By the time Ivan came along I was freaking so I went home to Minnesota for 4-5 days. I came back just in time for Jeanne, which fortunately didn’t hit us.
18. What was the one thing you wish you had remembered to get last year for hurricane supplies that you swore you wouldn't forget this year? Battery operated lantern.
19. What color sock would you like to receive from your sock partner? (if you don't have a pref just say so otherwise give us a hint!) I love surprises. Just nothing where the main color is yellow or orange. It’s okay if they are accent colors.
20. Well surprise, this one isn't a question at all, it's a THANK YOU for filling out this questionnaire and posting it. Also, don't forget to send (in a private email) your snail mail address to Christy for later when the packages are mailed